A tall and majestic light house near Andhakaranzhi , stands like a signal tower guiding the seamen during night. This place is also one of the popular locations for Malayalam film shoots.
An aerial walkway is constructed, extending up to the sea wall at the Andhakaranazhy public beach. Standing on the walkway a splendid panoramic view of sunset can be enjoyed. The walkway ends up to the new tourist complex.
You can visit a few old temples and churches nearby:
- St. Xavier’s Church, Azheeckal
- Manakkodam Sree Mahadevi Khandakarna Temple
- St. Francis Church is the major Christian church in this area, and one of the oldest churches in Alappuzha diocese
- The Vyathara Trimurthi temple, a very rare and old temple in Kerala, dedicated to tri-gods trimurthi Lord Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma consecrated in a single sreekovil is located in Andhakaranazhy.
- St. Andrew’s Basilica, Arthunkal originally built by the Portuguese missionaries in the 16th century and rebuilt in 1584 under the then Vicar.
- Thankey church, the first chapel was established here in 1583.There are a few temples you can visit as well.
Visit Local fish farm
Bicycle around the local village.
Local canoe ride in the canals
At the property we have a few indoor games such as snakes and ladder, chess, cards, carom board beach toys and books for the kids. You can even try your hand at learning to make some simple Kerala food from our housekeeper. We have also a small collection of magazines and books.
You can make day trips to to the following places near Andhakaranazhi:
Fortkochi : 25 kms
Alappuzha: 52 min
Mararikulam: 17 kms
Cherai: 59 Km